I have discovered a bug in Cflowd that inflates the statistics. The bug
is related to a race condition in the code for the locking of
shared-memory. This bug when hit allows cflowd to processes again old
flows already processed, distorting the statistics to higher values.
There is a patch included with this e-mail that corrects the problem and
simplifies the debugging processes by modifying flowwatch to record for
each flow a timestamp and a sequence number. Flowwatch can read old
dumps but new dumps can not be read by an old flowwatch.
I think this bug has been around for a while and been a subject of many
discussions in this list before (I've checked the maillist archive).
Any question can be directed to me.
To apply the patch just use the command below:
cd <directory where the source of cflowd is installed>/cflowd-2-1.a9
gunzip -c cflowd-2-1.a9.patch.gz | patch -p1
recompile and good luck.
Alexandre P. Ferreira
Empresa de Correios e Telégrafos
-- cflowd mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Wed Sep 27 2000 - 06:52:28 PDT