Re: v5 export w/PA-A3 OC12 in a Cisco 75xx router?

From: Dave Plonka (plonka@doit.wisc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 21:41:07 PDT

    On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 03:46:03PM -0500, Dave Plonka wrote:
    > Anyone out there have experience (good or bad) with the PA-A3 OC12 card
    > in a 7500 series router? My coworkers have scheduled an "emergency"
    > upgrade for tomorrow AM to put this thing into a production router
    > without my having a chance to test it with v5 export beforehand.

    Just answering my own question here, for the benefit of anyone else who
    does this in the future:

    NetFlow v5 flow export did continue to work find on one of our 7500
    series router after replacing an OC3 with the PA-A3 OC12 and upgrading
    from RSP4 to RSP8.

    Now, how to get the CISCO-CAR-MIB to work on the 75xx?
    I am not able to select the CISC-CAR-MIB objects from our 75xx router
    running 12.0(13)S, but I am able to select it from a GSR running
    12.0(11)S3:

      $ snmpwalk <router> <community> .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.113 # ciscoCarMIB

    While it doesn't seem cflowd related, what I want to do is to collect
    the CAR stats and correlate them with the flow stats in near
    real-time.

    Please email if you think it's off topic, but have some insight.

    Thanks,
    Dave

    --
    plonka@doit.wisc.edu  http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka  ARS:N9HZF  Madison, WI