Re: Question about filenames !

From: Simon Leinen (simon@limmat.switch.ch)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 01:18:50 PDT

    > "cfdcollect" writes the arts file in GMT time, Why ?
    > Any ideia ?

    because otherwise you can lose data when you fall back from Daylight
    Savings Time?

    I have written an system similar to cflowd, and my biggest mistake was
    probably to derive file names from local time rather than GMT. Cflowd
    does the Right Thing (TM).

    When presenting data to the user you can always convert from/to local
    time.

    --
    Simon.