RE: Cflowdmux problem

From: Andrew Fort (afort@staff.webcentral.com.au)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 14:43:43 PDT

    > I'm running a Solaris 7 machine with 256MB ram and when I run
    > cflowdmux and
    > cflowd, nothing happens I just get a new promt. when I do a
    > ps -ef | grep cf
    > there seems to be NO instances of cflowd or cflowdmux
    > running. What do I do
    > to fix this? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

    The software forking and dropping you back to the shell is normal behaviour;
    it should be logging information about startup to syslog as per the facility
    and level settings in the cflowd.conf file;

    Try explicitly providing the reference to the config file when running the
    software

    cflowdmux -f /usr/local/arts/etc/cflowd.conf
    cflowd -f /usr/local/arts/etc/cflowd.conf

    And report what appears in the relevant part of your syslogs.

    > Cfdcollect does run and does show up when I run that.

    cfdcollect will happily run without its "parent" software, but will serve no
    function.

    hth,

    --
    afort