Possible Memory Leak

From: Paul Marsh (marsh@selway.umt.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 10:35:33 PDT

    I've been running cflowd a little over a month now. The first week I ran
    cflowd-2-1-a9 straight from the source. It ran about 4 and a half days
    and then my machine locked up. (It's running on a dual processor
    pentium with 128M.) The box had been running for months prior to that,
    and this was it's first full-time application. I then heard about FlowScan,
    so I went back to cflowd-2-1-a6, with the flowscan patches. This was
    nice, but I still ran into the same behavior as before. About four days
    into the run, the machine would hang. Having read about a possible
    memory leak, I always kept a window running "top" open, so that I could
    monitor the behavior of the process. Cdlowd seems to grab about 12-17%
    of memory a day. Once the process reached about 78% of the memory,
    the system would hang. A few days ago, I reinstalled cflowd-2-1-a9 with
    the flowscan patches. I'm still seeing this same behavior. Is anyone else
    seeing this?
                                                    -Paul Marsh-
    Phone: (406) 243-2058
    Fax: (406) 243-6379