Netflow Switching and Cisco routers

From: Frank Hellemink (fhellemink@chello.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 01:03:14 PDT

    Hi All,

    I am wondering on what kind of equipment you are running netflow switching.
    We were advised that turning on netflow switching on our router, the cpu
    load would go up by as much as 50 %. Obviously our 7XXX series cannot handle
    that on high speeds (E3 and up). Our GSR's do not have problem running it
    though.

    just like to hear from people that are running netflow switching with for
    example OC3 's on 7XXX and what you're experiences are? Any recommend
    configurations in terms of hardware and memory?

    thanks

    Frank

    Frank Hellemink
    Chello Broadband