help getting started - no data...

From: Sheryl Zimmermann (szim@tnoc.5sigcmd.army.mil)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 05:10:12 PST

    Really hope someone can help!

    Everything appears to have compile ok.
    I'm running 12.01 (11) on a 3600 router. I am exporting to my host
    using port 2055. When I do a
    "sh ip flow export", everything looks good.
    when I run snoop on my sun host (running 2.7) where both cfdcollect and
    cflowd are running, it shows a large number of udp packets coming in on
    port 2055.
    I have flow files being created as per my specs in cflowd.conf. But no
    arts files.
    And when I use the sample perl script that Dave Plonka gave Cflow.pm
    (changed to TCP and port 80), I get the following results:
    XXXX.flows.0: Invalid index in flow data file: 0! Version 5 flow-export
    is required with *all* data being saved using the COLLECT field of the
    CISCOEXPORTER stanza(s)!

    My CISCOEXPORTER stanza reads:
    CISCOEXPORTER {
      HOST: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX # IP address of Cisco sending
    data.
      ADDRESSES: {XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX , # Addresses of interfaces on
    Cisco
                     XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX,
                      XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX} # sending data.
      CFDATAPORT: 2055 # Port on which to listen for
    data.
      SNMPCOMM: 'PUBLIC' # SNMP community name.
      COLLECT: { flows }
    }

    (excuse the XXX's, but need to protect the innocent!)

    I am receiving no messages from the syslog.

    Can someone please point me to what might be going wrong??

    --

    Shery Zimmerman - Litton PRC 5th Signal TNOC - Design and Performance DSN 380-4034