Re: core dump while executing patched cflowd

From: R. Drew Davis (drew@research.bell-labs.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 06:01:35 PST

    > Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:41:36 -0500
    > From: "Andrew Pasetti" <apasetti@camail.harvard.edu>
    > To: <cflowd@caida.org>
    > Subject: core dump while executing patched cflowd
    >
    >Hello. I'm getting a core dump while trying to invoke the patched cflowd
    >file like this:
    >
    > cflowd -s 300 -O 0 -m /usr/local/arts/etc/cflowd.conf
    >
    >Perhaps you can advise me as to what to change. I've attached both
    >config files and part of the dump. Your advice will be greatly
    >appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Andrew
    >andrew_pasetti@harvard.edu
    >
    >cfdcollect.conf
    >
    >#------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >system {
    > logFacility: local6 # Syslog to local6 facility.
    > dataDirectory: /usr/local/arts/data/cflowd
    > filePrefix: arts
    > pidFile: /usr/local/arts/etc/cfdcollect.pid
    >}
    >
    >#------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >cflowd {
    > host: localhost
    > tcpCollectPort: 2056
    > minPollInterval: 300
    >}
    >

    >cflowd.conf
    >
    >#------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    >OPTIONS {
    > # syslog to local6 facility.
    > LOGFACILITY: local6
    >
    > # Listen for connections from cfdcollect on port 2056.
    > TCPCOLLECTPORT: 2056
    >
    > # Use a 2 megabyte packet buffer in shared memory.
    > PKTBUFSIZE: 2097152
    >
    > # Use /usr/local/arts/etc/cflowdtable.socket as named stream socket
    > # for connections from local clients (cfdases et. al.)
    > TABLESOCKFILE: /usr/local/arts/etc/cflowdtable.socket
    >
    > # Keep raw flow files in /usr/local/arts/data/cflowd/flows directory.
    > FLOWDIR: /usr/local/arts/data/cflowd/flows
    >
    > # Each raw flow file should be 1000000 bytes in length.
    > FLOWFILELEN: 1000000
    >
    > # Keep 10 raw flow files per router.
    > NUMFLOWFILES: 10
    >
    > # Log total missed flows from a router if it exceeds 1000 between
    > # connections from cfdcollect.
    > MINLOGMISSED: 1000
    >}
    >
    >#------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    >COLLECTOR {
    > HOST: 127.0.0.1 # IP address of central collector - netopf
    > AUTH: none
    >}
    >
    >#------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    >CISCOEXPORTER {
    > HOST: 128.103.27.5 # camgw1
    > ADDRESSES: { 128.103.200.22 } # UIS-NOC Subnet 200
    > CFDATAPORT: 2055 # Port on which to listen for data.
    > SNMPCOMM: 'public' # SNMP community name.
    > LOCALAS: 1324 # Local AS of Cisco sending data.
    > COLLECT: { protocol, portmatrix, ifmatrix, nexthop, netmatrix,
> [...]

    You didn't mention what OS you are using and what version of the
    compilers, etc. that you are using. I'm just speculating, but I wonder
    if you built the software on one computer and then tried to run it on
    another one. The complaints from the dynamic linker make me suspect
    that the run time libraries needed weren't in the same spot on the
    system you were running on as they were on the system where you built
    the software. Possibly that is fixable with an LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting
    in your environment, but only if the right library is indeed present
    somewhere you can point the loader to.

    Drew

    R. Drew Davis, Room MH 2C-302A E-mail: drew@bell-labs.com
    Bell Laboratories Voice: 908-582-7280
    600 Mountain Ave. Fax: 908-582-3340
    Murray Hill, NJ 07974

    Bell Laboratories: The Research & Development Unit of Lucent Technologies.