Cflowd vs Netflow vs ....

From: Andrew Kemp (andrew_kemp@pacific.net.au)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 00:52:09 PST

    Greetings,

    We are currently in the process of spec'ing,
    designing and implementing and box to collect,
    measure and analyse our network traffic.

    I was advocating the use of cflowd and related
    utils for this project, but a couple of other
    network engineers has raised a concern with
    "the summarisation that cflowd performs".

    Another consequence of this summaristaion is that
    "cflowd was considered deficient as it throws
    away too much data".

    I was wondering if others on the list could comment
    on these issues, explain if they can be worked around
    and possibly suggest alternative products.

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Andrew Kemp