Re: Cflowd vs Netflow vs ....

From: Christian Hammers (ch@westend.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 01:38:10 PST

    Hi

    On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 07:52:09PM +1100, Andrew Kemp wrote:
    > Another consequence of this summaristaion is that
    > "cflowd was considered deficient as it throws
    > away too much data".
    This was the reason why we abadonned the cflowd software completely and
    wrote our own netflow collector and sql analyser/accounting software.

    Our traffic amount is written to disc in daily portions (else no DB would
    handle it):
    -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 1145161536 Jan 26 00:00 raw_2001_01_25.MYD
    -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 575492096 Jan 26 00:00 raw_2001_01_25.MYI

    Our software is currently in BETA stage and not released to the public but
    if you're interested I could ask...

    > Andrew Kemp
    bye,

     -christian-

    --
    Christian Hammers    WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
    ch@westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879