RE: Netflow pkts not seen by cflowd

From: Martin_Nieuwelaar@infonet-europe.com
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 06:10:59 PST

    Hi Timothy,

    I haven't gone through your config files, but one thing you could check is
    that cflowd is configured to accept packets from the router that is sending
    them. This may seem trivial, but as a default the router will export the
    stats with a source IP address of the interface the stats are sent out on.
    If your router has lots of interfaces, the stats can potentially have any
    one of many IP addresses as the source. It is possible to put all of the
    interface IP addresses in the cflowd config. There is a better way however.
    When configuring netflow exports on the router it is possible to specify a
    source address for the stats. I always use the loopback address of the
    router for this value. Then, no matter what interface the stats go out,
    they always have the single IP address of the loopback as the source. This
    is easy to keep track of, and of course it's easy to maintain one IP address
    in the cflowd config file.

    I hope this helps.

    --
    "Buying a car because it's reliable is like marrying
    someone because they are punctual" - Jeremy Clarkson