Re: Catalyst 6000 Native IOS

From: Dana Watanabe (dwatanab@uci.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 11:16:20 PST

    You want to use the set span command.
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sft_6_1/cmd_ref/
    setsn_su.htm#81207

    I was recently told that for a 6513 that we are buying, we could span 1 port
    to 4 other ports without it degrading performance.

    We haven't purchased this, so i can't tell you if that statement has ever
    held true.

    But spanning one port to one port, i can't see there being a problem.

    You can also span a whole VLAN to one port, you just need to make sure the
    bandwidth of the port is capable of handling the bandwidth of the VLAN.