Re: cflowd memory usage

From: Blake Caldwell (blake@ucar.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 13:29:44 PST

    Hi,
       I'm experiencing the same problem. One of our machines is receiving in
    excess of 1.2 million flows per 5 minutes. Cflowd will continue to use more
    and more memory until the machine runs completely out. Sometimes it will grow
    up to 650 Mb in a single day. Because of this I am forced to restart Cflowd 3
    times a day. I know this is more data than cflowd was targeted to handle, but
    shouldn't it just keep data in memory for a short time? Could there be a
    memory leak that becomes apparent when cflowd receives an extreme amount of
    data? On another machine that only receives 300,000 flows every 5 minutes,
    the memory usage stabilizes out at about 60MB. This still is a lot, but at
    least it doesn't keep on growing. Has anyone else had this problem? I too am
    wondering why cflowd needs so much memory.

    -Blake