Re: cflowd memory usage

From: Hendrik Visage (hvisage@envisage.co.za)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 11:11:15 PST

    On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 04:35:35PM -0700, Blake Caldwell wrote:
    > I just found a way to get around all of this. I hacked the flowwatch
    > program that connects to cflowdmux to write the raw flows to disk. Now I
    > don't even need to use cflowd! Its much faster and probably more
    > reliable. I would suggest doing this to anyone who is using Flowscan.
    > Flowwatch only uses a couple megs of memory compared to 650 Mb with
    > cflowd. If anyone is interested, let me know.

    Pathes appreciated, however, had you configured ANY aggregation,
    ie. net/as/port/etc. ??? Looking at the code, I would say
    those are the reasons why it's growing in size. If you don't
    use that, then don't configure it, as it mostly only gets cleaned up
    after a cfdcollect collected those data and wrote it to disk.

    Greetz
    Hendrik