Which flow files does cflowd currently update ?

From: Torben Aagaard (Torben.Aagaard@int.tele.dk)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 15:32:58 PST

    Hi everyone .

    I've written a small perl script to import a flow file ( 1.2.3.4.flows.xx )
    to a MySQL database.

    What I want to do is to run this script via cron , importing "new" data
    files every night.
    The question is : How do I know when cflowd has "released" a datafile so I
    can import it ?
    I could use something like "lsof -c cflowd | grep /path/to/flowfiles" to
    find the "active" files, the calculating the last updated file.
    Or maybe just look at the timestamps ?

    What happens when cflowd dumps core ( yes, it happens :=( ) ? Does it
    continue using the same file, or does it start writing to the next in line ?

    I'm sure some of you guys have had the same problem.....

    Thanks ...

    Torben