Re: Problems compiling Cflowd (cflowd-2-1-b1) - SOLUTION

From: Rich Norderhaug (rnorderh@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 16:27:11 PST

    OK. I got past this problem; however, I haven't
    completed the install, but I know how annoying it is
    when you get stuck.

    This is how I got past the initial make error.

    First, I like to be complete and tell you what I did
    first.

    1. rm -r $HOME/cflowd-2-1-b1 directory
    2. used GNU tar -zxvf cflowd-2-1-b1.tar.gz
    3. made sure GNU tar did not report any errors on any
    files.
    4. Used Solaris make (located at /usr/ccs/bin - I
    think this is Solaris' make, not an expert) and
    problem still there.

    Now, the fix for my particular situation:
    1. downloaded GNU make
    (make-3.76.1-sol26-sparc-local)
    2. used GNU make - worked!!

    Now, GNU make is still running as I write this email,
    not sure how long it is going to take; however, I just
    wanted to get the information out ASAP for those who
    are going crazy reading through the make file.

    Rich