Re: Problems compiling Cflowd (cflowd-2-1-b1) - REAL SOLUTION

From: Rich Norderhaug (rnorderh@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 14:01:13 PST

    OK.

    To help out any newbies like myself, I've finally
    compiled and installed the Cflowd tool successfully.

    After trial-n-error and with the help of Drew, I've
    finally figured out the puzzle.

    In addition to reading the installation instructions,
    here is what else is needed from a newbie perspective:
    1. GNU TAR
    2. GNU Make
    3. arts++-1-1-a8.tar.gz <- Do NOT use arts++-0-9-b6
        because cflowd-2-1-b1 makes a reference for a
        header file called ArtsTosTable.hh to compile
        one or more of the cflowd tools which I only
        found in arts++-1-1-a8.
    4. cflowd-2-1-b1.tar.gz

    My setup was a Sun Ultra running Solaris 2.6.

    Arts++ wasn't to hard to get installed so I'll skip
    that part.

    To compile cflowd-2-1-b1:
    1. untar with GNU tar, do not use OS bundled tar.
    2. Run configure bundled with cflowd-2-1-b1 with your
    personal options.
    3. Edit the following make files and remove the space
    between the -L and /usr/local/lib on each line talking
    about the ${LIBTOOL} in the following make files:
       $TOP/apps/cflowdmux
       $TOP/apps/flowwatch
       $TOP/apps/cfdnets
       $TOP/apps/cfdprotos
       $TOP/apps/cfdtos
       $TOP/apps/cflowd
       $TOP/apps/flowdump
       $TOP/apps/cfdases
       $TOP/apps/cfdportmatrix
       $TOP/apps/cfdifmatrix
       $TOP/apps/cfdcollect
       $TOP/apps/cfdnexthops
    NOTE: If you do not or miss one you'll get this
    strange error as follows for each tool when libtool is
    called:
    ../../libtool: null directory
    libtool: link: cannot determine absolute directory
    name of `'

    4. Now go back to the documentation in the
    distribution to finish the installation.

    Hope this helps.

    Thanks Drew for the help.

    Rich