Re: Packaging cflowd

From: Andreas Klemm (andreas@klemm.gtn.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 11:39:11 PST

    On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 02:52:54PM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
    > I am working on packaging cflowd for Debian GNU/Linux, but I am having
    > a lot of trouble getting it to conform to our policy. Is there an
    > anonymous cvs repository for cflowd? Or possibly even a way to get the
    > .am files (before auto/libtool is run). I need to be able to remove
    > -rpath, and be able to move the header files out of /usr/include into
    > /usr/include/(something).
    >
    > Thanks,

    Same for me...
    I was just changing the arts++ FreeBSD port so that arts++ header files
    can be placed in a subdir of its own (i.e.: /usr/local/include/arts++)
    and succeeded by using:

            CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--enable-shared --includedir=${PREFIX}/include/arts++

    Unfortunately I didn't find any suitable configure options in the
    cflowd port, to have customizeable paths for libraries and header files.

    All I could do is to place arts++ into a path like
    /usr/local/arts and having subdirs like
            /usr/local/arts-
                            +include
                            +lib

    But I need the shared libraries (yes I build lib shared) in
    /usr/local/lib ...

    Well, it would be ultra cool, if somebody more experienced than
    I in autoconf, would modify cflowd, that you can enter
    separate configure options for the location of the arts++ header
    files and the arts++ libraries ...

    BTW, why are you all so silent when such a demand shows up ?
    I know "horsepower" in a project is always too low ;-)

    But couldn't you please make a statement concerning this ?

            Andreas ///

    --
    Andreas Klemm                                           Powered by FreeBSD SMP
    Songs from our band >>64Bits<<............http://www.apsfilter.org/64bits.html