Re: Packet Loss via Netflow

From: Christian Hammers (ch@westend.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 12:57:32 PST

    On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 12:13:39PM -0800, Steve Cerruti wrote:
    > I have been attempting to ascertain if there is a way to measure packet loss
    > via Netflow data. Is there enough information available to determine packet
    > loss?
    Each router maintains a flow sequence number that is written
    in the netflow packet header. If you make a list for each router and
    always add the number of flow records to the sequence number you should get
    the next sequence number and thus are able to find missing flow numbers.
    (anybody a handy SQL statement for this?)

    bye,

     -christian-

    --
    Christian Hammers    WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
    ch@westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879