Minimum size of subnet mask in arts++ nets matrix

From: Marcus C. Gottwald (mcg@condat.de)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 06:37:14 PDT

    Hi!

    Last year, on October 2nd, Mark Manuel C. Ramos
    <markmanuel@pacific.net.sg> asked on this list:

    > Is there a new utility from arts that can get network matrices
    > in per host basis?

    Unfortunately, the email address does not work anymore so I
    couldn't ask him what the solution to his problem was.

    We would like to do something similar. Somehow we'd like to make
    sure the size of a subnet mask used to identify the source of a
    flow as stored in an arts++ (net matrix) database is not shorter
    than a specific value, like 24 or 28 bits.

    From looking at the contents of a database it seems it is never
    shorter than 24 bits but I'm not sure about that. I have not yet
    had a look at the sources. So if there is an easy way to set
    this value, I'd be glad to hear about it.

    Thanks in advance!

    Cheers, Marcus

    --
    Condat AG