Re: Not sure getting the correct data

From: Ralph Jenkin (Ralph.Jenkin@Swish.com.au)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 16:23:13 PDT

    On Tue, 1 May 2001 23:52, Chee Chew wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am correcting some data from cflowd.
    > The filename is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.flows.0 - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.flows.9
    > I am not sure what is the actual format of the data as I first time seing
    > this data.
    > When I use pico to view this file, I couldn't interprete them at all. Can
    > anyone tell me what is the actual format of the raw data file and any
    > simple utility to view them?
    >
    > Someone please help!
    >
    > Cheers

    Pico will not help, as the flows are as you say raw data. You need to use the
    flowdump utility that is part of the cflowd distribution, which will
    translate that raw data into a human readable form, eg:

    flowdump xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.flows.0

    If you really want to know the actual format, check the the cflowd source, in
    the file ./classes/include/CflowdRawFlow.hh, but this will only be useful if
    you can read C++.

    Hope this is what you wanted,

    Ralph Jenkin