Compile on BSDI 4.2 dies

From: Adam Maloney (adamm@sihope.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 13:12:41 PDT

    I've been having nothing but trouble compiling cflowd under BSD/OS 4.2. I
    had to work a lot of magic just to get art++ to compile, now I'm
    struggling with cflowd.

    First, for some reason it looks like $CXX is never getting set, because I
    see errors about how "-D__unix__" isn't a valid option to libtool. Adding

    CXX = g++

    to snmp++/classes/src/Makefile seemed to fix that, but now I get the
    output below.

    It looks like an error in one of the include files, and I believe I've
    narrowed it down to the template class in collect.h, but I don't know what
    the problem is.

    Anyone know what's going on?

    bash-2.02# make
    cd snmp++; make
    cd classes; make
    cd src; make
    rm -f .libs/target.lo
    g++ -D__unix__ -I../include/snmp++ -I./ -g -O2 -c -fPIC -DPIC target.cpp
    -o .libs/target.lo
    target.cpp:11: syntax error before `int'
    *** Error code 1
    Stop.
    *** Error code 1
    Stop.
    *** Error code 1
    Stop.
    *** Error code 1
    Stop.

    Adam Maloney
    Systems Administrator
    Sihope Communications
    Ask me about Sihope's great new referral offer!