RE: Netflow export on GSRs

From: frank hellemink (druid@helms-deep.chello.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 04:39:42 PDT

    Phil,

    At 14:32 24-5-2001 +0100, Phil Lee wrote:
    >Frank
    >
    >We use Engine 0 for 4 port STM1 and single port STM4 and Engine 1 for Gig E.
    >We would be looking at enabling netflow export on the STM cards.

    from testing that I have done and info I got from other people, it looks
    like when you enable sampling on the stm-1/stm-4 card, at a rate of
    1/10000 you can reach 80 to 100% of your forwarding capabilities depending
    on memory, configuration ( CAR or accesslists) and packet size.

    The gige is the more problematic as you might be only to reach between 50
    and 100% at the maximum sample rate. If your network is oversized in
    capacity terms and you have minimal config on the cards, I would say
    that you should be ok when exporting 1/100 and higher. Of course when you
    need accurate info for billing you have a problem.

    Frank