Not getting all RRD graphs

From: Adam Maloney (adamm@sihope.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 08:44:47 PDT

    I ran flowscan against some raw files, and got the output below. The Out
    of Memory error is particularly interesting, since this system has 96MB of
    RAM plus 260M of swap, and all it's running is BIND.

    The first time I ran it, I got a couple of .rrd files in the graphs
    directory. When I tried to make against the graphs.mf file, I got some
    errors because not all of the rrd files were there (found a post in the
    archives on how to make them by hand). I even was able to fix the
    unsupported output format errors...but the PNG graphs show no data, they
    have the outlines for the graphs, but it looks as though there's no data
    being graphed.

    If I run flowscan again, it doesn't update any of the rrd files now in the
    graphs directory.

    bash-2.05# ./flowscan
    NextHops and OutputIfIndexes are undefined.
    Identifying outbound flows based solely on destination address ...
    2001/05/28 10:04:49 working on file xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.flows.1...
    2001/05/28 10:05:07 flowscan-1.020 CampusIO: Cflow::find took 18 wallclock
    secs (18.18 usr + 0.04 sys = 18.22 CPU) for 1000000 flow file bytes, flow
    hit ratio: 7353/18181
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: modified (chunk-) pointer.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: modified (chunk-) pointer.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    ERROR updating /usr/local/var/db/flows/graphs/0:0.rrd: unknown option
    '/usr/local/var/db/flows/graphs/0:0.rrd'
    perl in free(): warning: modified (page-) pointer.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: modified (chunk-) pointer.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: modified (page-) pointer.
    ERROR updating /usr/local/var/db/flows/graphs/ftpPASV_src.rrd: unknown
    option '/usr/local/var/db/flows/graphs/ftpPASV_src.rrd'
    perl in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
    perl in free(): warning: modified (page-) pointer.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: modified (chunk-) pointer.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: modified (page-) pointer.
    perl in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
    ERROR updating /usr/local/var/db/flows/graphs/ftpPASV_dst.rrd: unknown
    option '/usr/local/var/db/flows/graphs/ftpPASV_dst.rrd'
    perl in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
    perl in free(): warning: modified (page-) pointer.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: modified (chunk-) pointer.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
    perl in free(): warning: modified (page-) pointer.
    perl in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
    ERROR updating /usr/local/var/db/flows/graphs/RealAudio.rrd: unknown
    option '/usr/local/var/db/flows/graphs/RealAudio.rrd'
    perl in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
    ERROR updating /usr/local/var/db/flows/graphs/Quake.rrd: expected 6 data
    source readings (got 1) from U"(`e:0:...
    perl in realloc(): warning: chunk is already free.
    Out of memory!
    bash-2.05#

    Adam Maloney
    Systems Administrator