Re: RFC´s?

From: Simon Leinen (simon@limmat.switch.ch)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 12:21:47 PDT

    > I´d like to confirm NetFlow got one or more RFC´s describing it. Someone
    > here told me that, but I couldn´t find any document at the IETF website.
    > Does anybody know about it?

    There are currently no IETF documents about NetFlow. RFC 2124 (LFAP)
    and RFCs 2720-2724 (RTFM) describe other flow-based accounting
    mechanisms. A few weeks ago, an IPFX mailing list was started to
    discuss standardization of "Internet Protocol Flow Export", see:

    http://ipfx.doit.wisc.edu/

    There should be a BOF on this activity at the next IETF meeting in
    London in August.

    --
    Simon Leinen				       simon@babar.switch.ch
    SWITCH				   http://www.switch.ch/misc/leinen/