IP Scaling Issue

From: Martin, Jeff (jmartin@concord.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 13:50:22 PDT

    Hello,

    I have a scenario that is causing scaling/performance problems for our
    system.

    The use case scenario is as follows:

    Collect bytes, packets, flows by application for an organization's IPs
    to/from the internet. The organization's IPs are manageable. Where the
    internet IPs are not.

    Is there a way for the cflowd collector to aggregate it's known source
    addresses and known destination addresses for IP traffic showing the
    remainder as other? This would allow the user to track by application it's
    IP traffic to and from the internet with the internet traffic represented as
    "other". Or to say it in a different way - Is cflowd configurable by known
    source addresses and known destination addresses?

    Jeff

    the system manager.

    the latest virus scan software available for the presence of computer viruses.