Re: how to extract ip data from arts file written by cfdcollect?

From: Yu-lin Chang (ylchang@sinica.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 18:38:22 PDT

    thank you Claret.

    I've check every arts utilities come with cflowd. As their name
    reflect, they can phrase arts files for AS-number, Net-Matrix, etc.
    But they can not provide ip<-->ip traffic reports.

    I read arts++ library documents all night. It provide a interface
    to extract IpPathData, AsMatrixData, NetMatrixDat, and so on.

    Except IpPathData, they all have a member function named "Bytes()".
    "Bytes()" will report the traffic between two AS (or two Nets,...).
    IpPathData did not have such member function.

    If I got correct concept, the "flows" option in "COLLECT" (cflowd.conf)
    will direct cfdcollect to store the raw flow data. The raw flow data
    from CISCO flow-export contains ip<-->ip traffic information.

    But artstoc did not report there is "flows" in arts file. I'm very
    confused.

    Sincerely,
    Yu-lin Chang