Re: question about juniper output

From: Dylan Hall (dylan.hall@tsnz.net)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 20:56:30 PDT

    I tested some netflow collection code on a Juniper about 9 months ago.
    They use a v5 compatible flow export. It is supposed to do the same
    thing with sequence numbers as a cisco. However the version I tested
    with initally had a bug and it incremented the sequence number by 1 each
    time. I told them and they got a fix to me the following day!

    Aleks Sheynkman wrote:

    > Hello !
    > I have a question for you , I know that Cisco router outputs data to
    > collector , and each packet has a header ,
    > the sequence number for each packet is the (previous seq_number +
    > flow_count ).
    > Do you know how Juniper handle sequence number ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance !
    >
    > - Aleks.

    Dylan Hall
    IP Engineer