refused connection problem?

From: Paul Keck (pkeck@arches.uga.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 07:24:54 PDT

    Hello all,

    I am running cflowd 1.41 on a Solaris 2.6 box. I have what seems to be a
    well-known problem that cflowd stops accepting connections on port 2056
    after a spate of network trouble. A while back someone posted to the list
    how to ipcs -a and ipcrm the shared memory and get the thing going again
    without a reboot. This works fine, but it happens every 30-60 days and I'd
    like to fix it.

    - Would upgrading to a later release fix it? If so, I'll do that.
    - Would running it under Linux help? I could move the install to another
    box.
    - Failing either of those, does someone have an automated script to check
    the port and do all the stop/ipcrm/start to get cflowd going again? Hate to
    reinvent the wheel.

    Thanks!

    --
    Paul Keck       pkeck@uga.edu         http://www.arches.uga.edu/~pkeck