Program in startup

From: Liger-dc (liger_dc@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 09:33:27 PDT

    I have his program called flowscan that I want to start automatically whenever I reboot. The
    problem is that this program has to be run from the same directory that contains it's config
    files. Is there any way to set up a command in my rc.local to get this running?

    A similar problem to this is that there is another program that uses a Makefile to generate .png
    and .gif files and I want to run make against this makefile every 5 mins. I used make -f
    /the/dir/that/the/makefile/is/in/Makefile in the cron, but I got errors because I wasnt in the
    directory with the makefile and the other files that it needed. These two problems seem similar.
    has anyone else had these problems?

    =====
    Edson Manners
    Academic Computing & Networking Services
    Florida State University