Re: NDE Version 7 (Cat 6509)

From: Mark Fullmer (maf@eng.oar.net)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 09:46:13 PDT

    On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 06:44:25PM -0700, Jeffrey Papen wrote:
    > Is that a for sale product? What is so great about it? I have a similar problem and am looking for version 5 type formats from a Catalyst 6500.

    flow-tools 0.54 has a utility that will translate export versions. This
    should allow you to use version 7 exports with cflowd by translating
    to version 5.

    % flow-receive 0/exporterip/port | flow-xlate -V5 | flow-send 0/127.0.0.1/port2

    Where exporterip and port are the IP address and port of the router providing
    the flows and port2 is the port cflowd is listening on.

    This will not currently work with the native IOS version of the 6500 due
    to how they mix the CPU and hardware accelerated flows together on the
    same UDP port. flow-tools will be able to support this in the next release
    though.

    mark