Re: Pb installing Arts++ on Solaris 8

From: Diane Proscino-Tharp (Diane.Proscino-Tharp@oracle.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 08:44:16 PDT

    Hi there:

    I tried the exact same thing on Solaris 8. The issue I found is gcc 2.95.3 and
    above are now cross-compilers and arts or cflowd do not like that. I tried to
    compile gcc on Solaris 8 as a native compiler, but still had issues.

    You do not want the cross-compiler version of gcc. If you are able to
    re-compile gcc-2.95.2 as a natice compiler, it should work.

     I ended up installing everything on Solaris2.6 to by-pass this issue.

    I hope this helps.

    --Diane

    Mathias Lobel wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > Ive got the problem with gcc-2.95.3
    > I have upgraded gcc to version 3, but I get the same problem.
    > Ive read in some web pages it could be due to a bad instalation of gcc, but
    > the instalation of these 2 packages seems good.
    >
    > Anyone has got an idea ?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mathias

    Diane Proscino-Tharp