CAR and netflow

From: Dana Watanabe (dwatanab@uci.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 09:40:40 PDT

    Is it correct that things like ACLs and CAR get implemented after Netflow
    stats have been made on the packets?

    If so, is there any way to deal with that?

    In particular we have have reports of how much each department is using, but
    we also have CAR set up limiting particular types of traffic leaving our
    campus. We're trying to work toward some sort of useage based billing
    system, but we can't use the data if traffic is being counted but isn't
    actually going through.