Sudden dip in traffic

From: Olney, Matthew (MOlney@verisign.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 05:55:58 PDT

    All,

    I am collecting data from three Cisco 7206s. When I first kick off
    cflowdmux and cflowd, they gather files of about 27 Mb over 5 minutes. I'm
    using the flowscan patched version, so I'm dropping 5 minute datafiles.
    When it first begins, flowscan takes about 3 minutes to process the data.
    After about 30 minutes, there is an abrupt drop in data...there is still
    some data flowing, but very, very little. It then takes 20 seconds for the
    flowscan application to process the data. This drop is evident both in the
    graphs produced by flowscan, the time flowscan takes to process the 5 minute
    files, and the size of the 5 minute files. Because the 5 minute file size
    is small, I'm thinking there is a problem with the cflow set of programs.

    I am using cflowd-2-1-b1, on FreeBSD 4.3. This is the second box I've tried
    this on, both with the same sudden drop in traffic.

    Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this. Let me know if there
    is other information I can provide.

    Thanks,

    Matt