Re: Hi anyone know this??

From: fingers (fingers@fingers.co.za)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 08:06:41 PDT

    Hi

    > I have a problem.I installed Cflowd and flowscan on my machine which
    > are running FreeBSD 4.1
    > But This morning, when I reboot the machine, the machine time changed from
    > 9:00 to 5:00 exact 4 hours.
    > Anyone know the reason? By the way ,the time zone for my place is -4 .

    I don't see how either of them would change the system time, but it's a
    good idea to install some sort of ntp client. You can cron an ntp update
    on FreeBSD like this:

    */10 * * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate some.ntp.server
    > /dev/null 2>&1

    which will sync your system time every 10 minutes.

    Regards

    --Rob

    p.s. it's not always a good idea to crosspost....