NetFlow in core routers

From: Ajay Shah (ajay@aonnetworks.com)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 14:18:36 PDT

    My apologies to those who may find this inappropriate for this group since
    it is not about cflowd. But it is not irrelevant, and there are a lot of
    knowledgeable folks here, so I want to know about anyone's experience /
    opinion on using NetFlow in the Core routers, as opposed to at the Edge.
    Cisco recommends NOT to use NetFlow in the Core. I was wondering about the
    actual performance / resource impact of doing this.

    Thanks,
    Ajay Shah

    AON Networks
    ajay@aonnetworks.com