using cflowd / arts++ and traffic accounting / billing

From: Richard Morgan (Richard@webcom.com.au)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 17:11:21 PDT

    I understand that the cflowd and arts++ combination is designed mainly for
    traffic analysis / capacity engineering studies, but can anyone give me a
    pointer on using it for ISP traffic billing.

    We want to account both inbound and outbound flows.

    I have cflowd set-up and working well, but arts++ only aggregates border
    inward traffic, this I understand is a design feature in arts++ (or is it in
    cflowd). The raw flows do contain the reverse flows, as we have set-up
    flow-export on all the router interfaces.

    What are my best options ?, to mine the raw flow files directly, build a
    tool to suck the flows out of cflowd, or is there a way to get arts++ to do
    what I want.

    Any ideas would be appreciated.

    Many thanks in advance.

    Richard B. Morgan