RE: using cflowd / arts++ and traffic accounting / billing

From: Andrew Fort (afort@staff.webcentral.com.au)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 17:57:31 PDT

    Richard,
    We hacked cflowd's 'flowwatch' to spit out tabluated data that we then
    aggregate (hourly) using a perlscript.
    To modify flowwatch's output format, edit the last bit of code in
    ./classes/src/CflowdRawFlow.cc

    Alternatively, you may like to use OSU flow-tools instead of cflowd, it
    provides lots of pipeline tools that are useful for low-level flow
    analysis/archiving/etc. It's more suited to this sort of thing (at least in
    my environment). My web pointers to OSU flow-tools are all out of date, and
    the project has recently moved; so if you're interested and a google search
    doesn't show up the present release's location (flow-tools-0.55.tar.gz is
    what you're looking for), let me know and I'll have a look for the present
    location.