Artsagg - out of memory

From: Paul Matthews (matthewsp@powertel.com.au)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 00:26:21 PDT

    I do a daily aggregation of my arts files collected for all my routers by
    running a scripts which runs :-
    artsagg -q -T netm,intfm ag.$EXTENSION $AG_FILE_NAME
    Further each month I run artsagg again on all my daily files to aggregate
    them down to a single file.
    Up till now this has been working fine - I am now running into issues with a
    some of the busier routers and I'm getting an out of memory message and the
    output file is (probably incomplete).
    Clearly there is an issue in scaling when trying to aggregate so many files
    in one pass.

    What I want is one summary file at the end of each month for my trend
    analysis.
    Will artsagg support a more cumulative aggregation ie can I aggregate using
    the previous aggregation file as input and output ie something like :-
    artsagg -T netm,intfm -o ag.monthly ag.monthly ag.daily ???

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Paul Matthews

    This email (including all attachments) is intended solely for the named
    addressee. It is confidential and may contain commercially sensitive
    information. If you receive it in error, please let us know by reply email,
    delete it from your system and destroy any copies.

    This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced,
    adapted or transmitted without the prior written consent of the copyright owner.

    Emails may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other defects
    and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. We give no
    warranties in relation to these matters. If you have any doubts about
    the authenticity of an email purportedly sent by us, please contact us
    immediately.