RE: cflowd and Juniper M40

From: Patrick Mc Dermott (pmcdermott@wrdp.com)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 03:11:15 PDT

    heres how we configured an M20.. Note: We had to upgrade our code ( we went
    to 4.4R3.4 ) , as we experienced some issues with sampling and cflowd with
    earlier releases of JunOS - check out the juniper site for fixs/issues etc.

    #1 - forwarding-options {
        sampling {
            input {
                family inet {
                    rate 10;
                    run-length 3;
                }
            }
            output {
                cflowd x.x.x.x {
                    port 2055;
                    version 5;
                }
            }
        }
    }

    #2 - routing-options {
        route-record;
    }

    #3 - Apply a filter inbound on an interface and sample the packets.

    #4 Download cflowd from caida, have a look at the sample configs..

    thx, pat

    EMAIL DISCLAIMER

    The information in this message and any attachment is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the above named recipient(s) only and should not be disclosed, copied nor distributed. If this message is received in error, the sender should be notified and the message and any attachments deleted.

    Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission.