Output ifIndex Perplexity

From: Graham Blake (grahamb@ssimicro.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 14:00:12 PST

    My apologies if this issue is covered elsewhere in a patently obvious
    manner, that I managed to overlook. I have a Cisco 2600 series running
    12.0.(4)T. In my current configuration I am routing between my Ethernet
    interface and a number of frame relay subinterfaces of Serial0/0. I have ip
    route-cache flow enabled on both the Ethernet and serial interfaces. I am
    exporting flow data from the Ethernet interface, but each flow registers
    the output ifIndex as 0. I am not exporting any flow data at all for
    traffic received on the serial interface, for no good reason that I am
    aware of. My understanding was that each subinterface would register as a
    different ifIndex number. SNMP communication between the box I am running
    cflowd on and the router in question is fine. What am I missing?
    Regards,
    Graham