Re: Maximum number of flows

From: Martin van den Nieuwelaar (martin@gadgets.co.nz)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 16:16:48 PST

    Hi Aleks,

    Aleks Sheynkman wrote:

    > Hello everyone !
    > Does anyone knows what is the maximum number of flows per packet for
    > the following aggregations:
    >
    > AS-ToS aggregation scheme

    ASMatrix = 51

    > Protocol-Port-ToS aggregation scheme

    ProtocolPortMatrix = 51

    > SourcePrefix-ToS aggregation scheme

    SourcePrefixMatrix = 44

    > DestinationPrefix-ToS aggregation scheme

    DestinationPrefixMatrix = 44

    > Prefix-ToS aggregation scheme

    PrefixMatrix = 35

    It would seem they are limiting the flow size at or below the 1464
    byte size of a full V5 export. 1464 = 24 bytes (V5 header) + 30 * 48
    bytes (v5 flow).

    Calculating for the V8 flow export sizes where:

    routeras = 28 bytes,
    routerprotoport = 28,
    routerdstprefix = 32,
    routersrcprefix = 32,
    routerprefix = 40

    the maximum number of flows work out to those I posted above.

    For the official document, try
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/ioft/neflct/tech/napps_wp.htm

    Regards,

    -Martin

    > Thanks in advance !
    >
    > -Aleks

    Expert carrier network traffic analysis and visualisation
    http://www.gadgets.co.nz/products.shtml
    xenaphobia: The fear of being beaten to a
    pulp by a leather-clad, New Zealand woman