Here is a useful document explaining Netflow Exports

From: Martin van den Nieuwelaar (martin@gadgets.co.nz)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 12:28:19 PST

    Hi people,

    I was lurking around the Cisco site yesterday and found a document
    that I think explains rather well how Netflow Exports work. In fact
    there's a lot of good stuff in there. It's fairly recent, version 1
    of the document dating from May 2001, and is well worth a read IMO.
    It's called the Netflow services solutions guide, and it can be found
    on the Cisco site http://www.cisco.com by searching for "Netflow
    services solutions guide", or by following this link:

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/netflsol/nfwhite.htm

    Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I don't think it has.

    -Martin

    --
    Expert carrier network traffic analysis and visualisation
    http://www.gadgets.co.nz/products.shtml