problems building on a Sun

From: fingers (fingers@fingers.co.za)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 12:35:01 PST

    Hi there

    I'm getting the following errors when trying the 'make':

    <snip>
    libtool: unrecognized option `-D__unix__'
    Try `libtool --help' for more information.
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `address.lo'
    Current working directory /tmp/cflowd/snmp++/classes/src
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
    Current working directory /tmp/cflowd/snmp++/classes
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `classes/lib/libsnmp++.a'
    Current working directory /tmp/cflowd/snmp++
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
    </snip>

    I trolled the list archives, and found something similar in:

    http://www.caida.org/archives/cflowd/0229.html

    the resolution there was to use GNU tar. This was indeed a problem I was
    having, and I was getting directory checksum errors as advised in a
    different post. I've however since resolved those issues, but am still
    getting the same broken make. I've even untarred the tarball on a FreeBSD
    box and scp'd it across just to make sure. Any suggestions? The output of
    a uname is:

    SunOS my.host.name 5.7 Generic_106541-17 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

    thanks

    --Rob