RE: AS analysis using cflowd

From: Scott Sheppard (scott.sheppard@arch.bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 08:28:10 PST

    Hello

    I would like to add my voice to Mr. Ozturk.

    I have been interested in mapping AS traffic on behalf of a major ISP. Just
    to cope with Netflow data from 6 routers I am generating 4 to 6 Mbps of
    traffic (even with aggregation). I need to process 300 to 1000 datagrams a
    second of netflow traffic per router in a DHCP environment. I have looked at
    two vendors so far to see what commercially avialble products are out there
    to process raw netflow traffic. Both have code that can cope with 20 to 40
    datagrams a second regardless of the size of the server used to process the
    Netflow data. So my question is can anyone recomend a vendor or use of
    CFLOWD to study netflow data on this scale?

    Thank you

    Scott Sheppard MS, MBA, MS
    Sr Network Engineer
    Bellsouth Dot Net