Re: NetFlow Monitor

From: Birsen Ozturk (birsen.ozturk@is.net.tr)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 11:59:57 PST

    The Mastermind wrote:

    > Hi, I want to install cflowd on the network in my lab, but I'm not sure
    > if it requires just NetFlow, or the NetFlow Monitor software as well. I
    > am told that the former comes pre-installed on any compatible Cisco
    > router, while the latter is only available for Sun unix, or HP-unix OS.
    > Could somebody please confirm about both these issues? Thanks, and
    > regards,
    >
    > Mayank Agarwal

    Hello
    For one week I am using the cflowd on Linux Mandrake 8.1, I dont use
    NetFlow Monitor software. Its a great tool. For Cisco
    side under the interface configuration I turned on netflow switching (ip
    route-cache flow) and in global configuration
    ip flow-export source Loopback0
    ip flow-export version 6 origin-as
    ip flow-export destination 192.168.1.1 2055 /* The IP of the Linux and udp
    port number
     beware that these commands apply only ro high end routers(7200 7500
    12000, and maybe some IOS'es of 2600)

    I hope this will help

    Regards,
    Birsen Ozturk