Re: [Cflowd] no output from arts toolset

From: Martin van den Nieuwelaar (martin@gadgets.co.nz)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 14:00:56 PDT

    "Strahler, Carsten" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I set up cflowd on a Red Hat Linux. Everything works fine. I get flows from
    > my router and the collector moves them to the arts files. But when I run for
    > example "artsases" I get no output. The program exits without any message.
    > With "artsdump" I see that in the arts-files a lot of reasonable data is
    > stored.
    >
    > Any idea ?

    I suspect you have not configured cflowd to store AS information. In
    the cflowd.conf file, for each router you gather stats from there is a
    line used to specify what stats to gather. See below.

    # COLLECT - What to save from the flow-export data received by
    the
    # Cisco. The possible collect options:
    #
    # protocol - IP protocol table (pkts/bytes per protocol...
    # ICMP, UDP, TCP, IGMP, etc.)
    #
    # portmatrix - port matrix. Pkts/bytes from port A to port
    B.
    #
    # ifmatrix - interface matrix. Pkts/bytes from interface A
    # to interface B.
    #
    # nexthop - nexthop table. Pkts/bytes to each IP next hop.
    #
    # netmatrix - network matrix. pkts/bytes from
    # network A to network B.
    #
    # asmatrix - AS matrix. pkts/bytes from AS A to AS B.
    #
    # flows - raw flow data.
    #

    For example:

    ################
    # TIMBUCKTOO 9 #
    ################

    CISCOEXPORTER {
            HOST: 123.45.6.7
            ADDRESSES: { }
            CFDATAPORT: 2055 # Port on which to listen for data.
            LOCALAS: 42 # Local AS of Cisco sending data.
            COLLECT: { asmatrix, netmatrix }
    }

    --
    Expert carrier network traffic analysis and visualisation
    http://www.networkintelligence.biz