[Cflowd] problem with compilation on Solaris8

From: Denis Serechenko (sd@cwrussia.ru)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 04:08:19 PDT

    Dear Sirs,

    Could you help me with the following - I am attempting to compile arts++ at
    SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60 machine. An error
    arise
    in configure script:
    checking for uint64_t in <sys/types.h>... yes
    checking size of unsigned short... 2
    checking size of short... 2
    checking size of unsigned int... 4
    checking size of int... 4
    checking size of unsigned long... 4
    checking size of long... 4
    checking size of unsigned long long... 8
    checking size of long long... 8
    checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... configure: error: can not
    run test program while cross compiling
    [opt/home/sd/build/arts++-1-1-a8]

    It seems to me that some _BIG_ENDIAN macros should be defined for SPARC
    architecture. Could you advise - am I right? If yes - where should I
    put this macros?

    kind regards,
    Denis