Re: [Cflowd] cflowd installation on redhat linux

From: Martin van den Nieuwelaar (martin@gadgets.co.nz)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 14:04:14 PDT

    Raju Chamarthi wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I installed arts-2.2-11 and cflowd-2-1-b1 on redhat
    > linux 7.0. As soon as I run cflowdmux and cflowd,
    > they both exit with segmentation faults. There are no
    > messages in the log file. Has anyone successfully
    > installed cflowd on redhat 7.0 or 7.2? If so, what is
    > the procedure?

    That's an unusual problem. It sounds like there is something wrong at
    quite a low level there. Maybe it's something like the executable
    format CFlowd is compiled for not being supported by your kernel (wild
    guess). I don't recall whether CFlowd is in a.out or ELF format, but
    it's worth having support for both in your kernel.

    -Martin

    --
    Expert carrier network traffic analysis and visualisation
    http://www.networkintelligence.biz