[Cflowd] Inconsistant data

From: Shawn Armstrong (sxsva@email.alaska.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 12:40:11 PDT

    I've run into an inconsistancy that I can not explain, and was wondering
    if someone may have some insight as to what's happening.

    I'm currently monitoring all the links out of my institution with MRTG
    as well as running Cflowd. The graph created by MRTG shows current
    traffic data as In: 40.1 Mb/s Out: 19.0 Mbps. Cflowd graphs show In:
    16.2 Mb/s Out: 12.1 Mb/s.
    All the routers that I'm polling with MRTG are sending flow data to
    Cflowd, so it's not an issue of routers being left out off the flow
    data. Also, we are not a transit network, so that's not an issue.
    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks,

    --
    Shawn Armstrong                         Sr Network Engineer
    Information Technology Services         Systems Services